Saturday 22 July 2017

Another circuit of The Gap of Dunloe

I went for a hike in Kerry again today and decided that a circuit of The Gap of Dunloe would make a worthy exercise and give me another chance to get used to my Zamberlan Expert Pro boots before my trip to the Alps in late August. It is around 17 kilometers long and has 1500ish mtrs of ascent so it would help to try and gain some fitness as well. I went up Strickeen again and enjoyed the easy climb and long walk to Cnoc na Bhráca before turning to Cnoc an Tarbh and then dropped to the Head of the Gap before climbing Purple Mountain and finally Tomies and then dropping back to the road via The Chimneys at Tomies Rock. It was cloudy at the start but as the day wore on the cloud rose above the tops (except for the Reeks) and by the time I was down it was warm and sunny. The boots were fine and hopefully their next outing will be when they step onto the wonderful Swiss Alps.
Always a joy to be in The Gap

Towards Cnoc na Bhráca with The reeks beyond


Heading for the half way point


Tomies and Lough Leane


No comments: